As Teach For Armenia continues to scale, increasing the organization’s voice through powerful storytelling is more important than ever. This will require focused efforts on creating compelling digital content that aligns with our culture, mission, and vision. The Digital Content Writer will play a critical role in raising Teach For Armenia۳۹;s voice through varied content, including website copy, blog posts, social media content, and other descriptions. A Digital Content Writer is responsible for adding value by actively engaging our audience and maintaining a cohesive brand voice.
Reporting directly to the Director for Marketing and Brand Strategy, the Digital Content Writer will work with all members of the broader Marketing & Brand Strategy Team in order to ensure a cohesive narrative is being told about the organization. The Marketing & Brand Strategy Team belongs to the External Affairs Division, which also includes the Public and Private Partnerships Team. Together, this division is focused on bolstering the organization’s brand awareness while securing strong partnerships.
Teach For Armenia may be the place for you if you believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. Our team must be comprised of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership we are striving to cultivate in our classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify our Kochari, hold ourselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when we ourselves falter.
For this role specifically, we are also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Content Generation: Write highly-engaged digital content (including social media, websites, blogs, etc.) that reflects our brand’s voice.
- Collaboration: Partner with various team members, both in the External Affairs and Program, to develop a variety of content.
- Editing: Produce error-free content while assisting the organization with editing copy used for various initiatives
- Creation: Interpret creative directions and adapt points from creative briefs into persuasive content.
- Project Management: Simultaneously balancing multiple projects and tasks with short deadlines.
Aside from these core competencies, we are also looking for the following
- Native in English and have a Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or a related field from US/UK or an English-speaking institution
- ۳+ years of professional writing experience, especially with digital platforms
- Familiarity with keyword placement and SEO
- Portfolio of published work
- Excellent writing skills in English (and Armenian preferred)
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong team player
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with Team (۳۰%):
- Brainstorm with the External Affairs team for new ideas and strategies for effective content
Conducting Research (۲۵%):
- Research markets and industries to create content that is innovative and original
Generate Online Content (۲۵%):
- Develop content on a wide variety of topics for multiple platforms (such as the website, blogs, articles, and social media)
- Create eye-catching and innovative headlines
Editing & Revising Copy (۱۰%):
- Assist team to edit and revise content created by the organization for publication (Example: Annual Report)
- Assist with the copy generated by other departments for special projects
NOTE: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Our team must be agile as we grow in scale. We are looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
Please submit your résumé and cover letter online. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to our mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by current Teach For Armenia staff members, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian, please provide an English translation. The deadline for the submission of the application is May ۳.