The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies, building prosperity and supporting a sustainable future for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
In ۲۰۱۹, WFP assisted over ۷۱۱,۰۰۰ people in Iraq. Through providing food for vulnerable people, skills to build futures and enhanced social protection, WFP is helping the Iraqi government build people’s resilience and food security. For more information, visit wfp.org/countries/iraq and ar.wfp.org/countries/iraq
WFP Iraq is implementing a large-scale school feeding programme across ۱۱ governorates for the academic year of ۲۰۱۹-۲۰. The programme is of critical importance for WFP, and close coordination/collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health and contracted cooperating partners is key. For this programme, WFP will be scaling up its staffing capacity to ensure smooth implementation of the programme. The programme is expected to mainstream home-grown, protection and gender components
Based in Erbil and reporting to the Head of School Feeding based Baghdad, the team leaders will manage the day-to-day operational aspects of an area (a number of governorates), including but not limited to, supervision of WFP field monitors, engagement with Cooperating Partners (CP) and government authorities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to the effective roll-out of the school feeding programme in Iraq in coordination with the Ministry of Education, Ministry of Health and selected cooperating partners.
- Supervision and guidance of field monitors designated for the School Feeding programme ensuring that monitoring plan are organised, reporting is effective, engagement with CPs and government authorities is supportive. Provide support and training to ensure this is implemented smoothly.
- Conduct regular oversight missions to the selected governorates within the area of responsibility – acting as the focal point for higher-level engagement with government authorities and school engagement.
- Liaise with relevant internal operational units for follow-up on tasks related to cooperating partners’ partnership with WFP. Joint oversight missions and coordination with supply chain staff.
- Identify challenges that present a risk to WFP, its partners and the project and escalate to Head of School Feeding as/when required.
- Compilation of timely area reports that encompass all programmatic aspects of school feeding.
- Representation of WFP and school feeding at any area or governorate-level UN or humanitarian/development coordination meeting and working groups.
- Engagement with other UN or NGO bodies that are implementing complimentary or related programming in the area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the development of strategic and innovate pilot solutions for future school feeding mechanisms that include plans for the development of government-owned national school feeding policy.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Preferably a University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance. Minimum High school with additional relevant specialised education/training.
Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic.proficiency in Kurdish is an advantage.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
Has experience working across a programme portfolio.
Has ۵ years of relevant experience.
Has supervisory experience
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Position Title: Programme Associate (School Feeding Team Leader)
Grade: Service Contract - Level ۶
Contract: Service Contract (SC)
Duty Station/travel: Erbil with frequent travel inside Iraq.
Salary: Starting at USD ۲,۳۰۷ per month.
Medical Plan: Valid medical plan for the staff member, spouse and dependents children under ۱۸ years
Annual leave: ۳۰ working days per